AUTHOR REPRESENTATIONS / ETHICS AND DISCLOSURE
On behalf of all co-authors, I hereby affirm the Author Representations noted below, and confirm that I have reviewed and complied with the relevant Instructions to Authors, the Ethics in Publishing policy, and Conflicts of Interest disclosure. I also assign to this journal copyright for my manuscript and any other data that are intended for publication as part of or as a supplement to the manuscript in any forms or languages throughout the world if the article is accepted for publication.
Please Note: Once submitted the manuscript cannot be withdrawn or sent elsewhere. The editors reserve the right to edit, shorten, modify or reject submitted manuscripts even after provisional acceptance. This may be based on English grammar, clarity, space limitations, journal style or preference of the editors . The editors may opt not to disclose the reason for rejection of a manuscript. The editor, editorial team or publisher will not be held liable or hold responsiblity for any shortcomings or mistakes in published manuscripts with regard to contents disclosed therein including but not limited to drug dosage, methodology, surgical technique, etc. Medical ethics guideline issues are the responsibility of the authors (patient identity disclosure, research ethics, etc). Statements and opinions expressed in the chapters are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of the editors or publisher. No responsibility is accepted for the accuracy of information contained in the published articles. The publisher assumes no responsibility for any damage or injury to persons or property arising from the use of any materials, instructions, methods or ideas contained in the articles.
- The article I have submitted to the journal for review is original, has been written by the stated authors and has not been published elsewhere.
- The article is not currently being considered for publication by any other journal and will not be submitted for such review while under review by this journal.
- The article contains no libellous or other unlawful statements and does not contain any materials that violate any personal or proprietary rights of any other person or entity.
- I have obtained written permission from copyright owners for any excerpts from copyrighted works that are included and have credited the sources in my article.
- If I am using any personal details or images of patients or research subjects, I have obtained written permission or consent from the patient.
- If the article was prepared jointly with other authors, I have informed the co-author(s) of the terms of this publishing agreement and that I am signing on their behalf as their agent, and I am authorized to do so.
RIGHTS FOR SCHOLARLY USE
I understand that I am hereby granted (without the need to obtain further permission) rights to use certain versions of the article, as described and defined below:
- Internal Institutional Use: Use by the author's institution for classroom teaching at the institution (including distribution of copies, paper or electronic, and use in coursepacks and courseware programs) for scholarly purposes. For authors employed by companies, the use by that company for internal training purposes.
- Personal Use: Use by an author in the author's classroom teaching (including distribution of copies, paper or electronic), distribution of copies to research colleagues for their personal use, use in a subsequent compilation of the author's works, inclusion in a thesis or dissertation, preparation of other derivative works such as extending the article to book-length form, or otherwise using or re-using portions or excerpts in other works (with full acknowledgment of the original publication of the article).
- Permitted Scholarly Posting: Voluntary posting of published article by an author on open Web sites for Commercial Use or Systematic Distribution is not permitted. Deposit in or posting to subject-oriented repositories (such as PubMed Central), or institutional repositories with mandates for systematic postings, is permitted only under specific agreements between the publisher and the repository, agency or institution, and only consistent with the Copyright Owner's policies concerning such repositories.